Minneapolis Jeff Galloway Kickoff Event

Monday, January 14, 2013

Goal Setting

Last summer, I started a series called Why I Run with the intent to offer encouragement for remembering and honoring the seed of want when we do the things that drive us the most. Well, I run to accomplish goals. Goal setting helps me to face and barrel through the anxiety of self worth and ensures my life is value-filled.
Whether I'm:

 running parenting writing cooking paying bills reorganizing praying self caring marketing
Trying to be a better nicer honest person

I set goals.

Here are my goal setting steps:

                                            Reward self for every accomplished goal. 
                                      Divide large goals into accomplish-able steps.
                              Make space and time for improvement.
                      Create a mantra out of the goal.
              Visualize the goal.
      Make the goal a challenge worth accomplishing.
Set a realistic goal.

In other words...
I will set a goal that I know with hard work I can accomplish. 
The goal is within my means and does not go beyond into the world of fantasy and fairy tale. 
The goal will take me on a  journey that I will grow from and into. 
I will pray and meditate about this goal. 
I will speak positive thoughts within myself. 
If I mess up, I won't beat myself up. Instead, I will re-group, realign and keep moving forward. 
I will concentrate on making one step at a time and not be overwhelmed about the journey ahead.
When I reach my goal, I will congratulate myself and indulge in a job well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment