Minneapolis Jeff Galloway Kickoff Event

Friday, June 8, 2012

My Children Keep Growing!

With each new milestone my children reach, I gain more appreciation for my parents. It's so hard yet the biggest blessing ever raising children knowing that I'm giving them tools to one day leave home. I want my children to always need me and I don't want my children to always need me. Honoring the parent role with reverence and respect comes by so easily especially experiencing the passing moments of my own children's growth. If I sleep in or even blink, they're doing some new big thing.

As my children grow, our relationships evolve. I'm so glad to be completely out of the bonding/need stage called nursing! I am, however, in love with the sound of my toddlers calling me "Mama." I also am grateful to be in the watchful seat as my oldest daughter transitions into her teens. Of course it ain't easy! She's so poised, however. And she glows so radiantly. I don't want to stop her flow.

Erin graduated from elementary school this week. I'm so proud of the person she's blossoming into. She cares about family immensely. She's emphatic. Her heart is stunning. Erin is creative and imaginative. She's pure and intelligent. Erin is beautiful!!!

I know she's going to keep growing up and will one day leave home and do great and awesome things. For now, however, I'm perfectly content staring at these pictures remembering these exact moments.
Erin ready for school at 18-months old
Erin graduating from pre-school
Erin's last day of kindergarten
Erin and Taco in 1st grade
Erin in 2nd grade
Erin's 3rd grade school concert
Erin in 4th grade
Erin graduating from elementary school

No comments:

Post a Comment