Minneapolis Jeff Galloway Kickoff Event

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

When God Sends Angels

I'd like to take the time to share my thankfulness for today's run. Point blank, I was not feeling the heat. I was ragged at 2 miles and walking in the direction of home. A mile away, a man named David stopped and asked me the mileage of Lake Nokomis' foot path and how many calories I usually burn running once around. He even complimented my "runners legs." Of course I smiled at which point he asked if he could run with me. Instantly, I knew he was a God-send and I said yes. I needed a partner today. We chatted for a mile and a half before I headed home drenched in sweat and exhausted.

Although I am spent this week, I still love running and this is one of the reasons why. My legs are dragging, I feel like quitting, and God shows up in the moment. It was the strangest thing walking and dragging solo one minute and the next having the encouragement that comes from company. Running is my reminder to stay, stay, stay in the moment.

Come race day, I will think about David and oh yes, my "runners legs."

2 comments:

  1. From Linda Parriott:
    And did you? Think about David and your runner's legs on race day?

    (Very weird that although I've signed in, Blogger insists I'm anonymous or gives my Google Profile ID. Not helpful.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did think about David, but I'd forgotten his name. I met him 4 days after my first 10 mile run and first fit of cramps. He probably thought I had runners legs because my calves were likely still tight. I still look for him on my quick trots around Nokomis.

    ReplyDelete