Minneapolis Jeff Galloway Kickoff Event

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Living My Dreams


Happy Birthday to my sweetheart daughter, Karen. She's 1 years-old today. Karen is our surprise baby. Although she's 14 months younger than the twin boys, they're more like triplets. I'm posting pics of her throughout today's post.

Yesterday was my mid-way through half-marathon training one mile speed test. At the start of training my fast mile was 8'48", a time I've never dreamed of running. I was certainly popping my collar and brushing my shoulders off to that time. I've always considered myself a comfortable eleven minute mile runner. Then this training began and training with my sister has inspired me to dream of the possibilities. Now, seven weeks into training I'm proud to report I'm more than one minute faster! I ran my first ever sub 8'00" mile! Whoop! Whoop!

So here goes the statement I've earned:

I am a fast 33 year-old woman.

Let me add that half-way through the mile test I pushed pause on my GPS watch to get a pace idea. I'm still re-learning what fast feels like. I had to push pause on the watch because I deactivated the pace screen to keep from digitizing my runs. Ok, so the watch reported a pace in the 6'30" range. Shocked, of course, and then fear roared at me. What did I do? I slowed down.


 

Second bit of dreamy news...For the last five years at least I've wanted to establish a book club. I've day-dreamed about a circle of friends sipping wine, laughing, and engaging in stimulating conversations about books. It's such a charming and fanciful way to spend time with girlfriends. Don't get me wrong, I love happy hour. Happy hour just isn't...enchanting.

Well, my day dreams are coming true! The first book has been chosen and the evite has been sent. On June 2, me and eight of my friends will drink wine, eat, giggle, exchange gossip, and expand our literary minds. The inaugural book is Fifty Shades of Grey by E L James. Haven't read the book yet myself. It's a pretty sexy book I hear. Can't wait to read it and talk about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment